- - Product Development
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Health Insurance premium is paid for 100%. Generous PTO. Wellness Plan, 401(k) Plan and more.
Pointwise is seeking to add a Software Engineer to our product development team specifically in the area of computational geometry, especially discrete geometry. Experience with C++ programming is highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Code, debug, test, and troubleshoot throughout development.
2. Document development using code comments and technical specifications.
3. Review the code of others and suggest improvements.
4. Collaborate with other teams on feature design.
5. Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all staff and customers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or equivalent from an accredited university. Graduate degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
2. Experience with computational techniques of discrete and/or analytic geometry is ideal. Experience with C++ programming in these areas is an added bonus.
3. Some experience with CFD is a plus.
4. Experience with Windows, Linux, and/or Mac computers.
5. Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, delivering clear and concise messaging.
6. Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and prioritize.
7. Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within an evolving environment.
A current authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Some travel may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
General office environment. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, lift, carry or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Involves communication skills and physical mobility to interact with various departments as required in a multi-floor office environment. Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to read fine print and look at computer monitor. Ability to communicate by phone. Noise level is moderate. Minimal risk of radiation from exposure to computers.
Pointwise, Inc. is solving the top problem facing computational fluid dynamics (CFD) today – reliably generating high-fidelity meshes. More information about Pointwise is available at www.pointwise.com.
Pointwise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Job candidates must have a current, legal right to work in the United States. Pointwise participates in E-Verify.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media