Applied Research Intern
- - Applied Research
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Paid Internship
May participate in mesh generation research through the design, implementation, and testing of novel mesh generation algorithms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Write prototype C/C++ code to investigate mesh generation concepts
- Perform a literature review in support of mesh generation algorithm development
- Test and benchmark research software
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all staff and customers.
- Work 40 hours per week, being present at all required meetings
You may have the opportunity to learn and use:
- Pointwise mesh generation software and plugin SDK
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and/or GNU development tools
- Open source CFD tools, such as, OpenFOAM and SU2
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Current student pursuing an engineering, math, or computer science degree from an accredited university
- Completing undergrad or beginning grad school
- Some programming experience
- Interested in mesh generation, CFD, scientific computing, or desktop engineering as a career
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, delivering clear and concise messaging
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment
You must be a U.S. Person due to the requirement to work with ITAR-controlled articles.
No travel will be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
General office environment. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, lift, carry or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Involves communication skills and physical mobility to interact with various departments as required in a multi-floor office environment. Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to read fine print and look at computer monitor. Ability to communicate by phone. Noise level is moderate. Minimal risk of radiation from exposure to computers.
Pointwise, Inc. is solving the top problem facing computational fluid dynamics (CFD) today – reliably generating high-fidelity meshes. The company's Pointwise software generates structured, unstructured, overset and hybrid meshes; interfaces with CFD solvers such as ANSYS FLUENT®, STAR-CCM+®, OpenFOAM®, and SU2 as well as many neutral formats, such as CGNS; runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac, and has a scripting language, Glyph, that can automate CFD meshing. Manufacturing firms and research organizations worldwide have relied on Pointwise as their complete CFD preprocessing solution since 1994. More information about Pointwise is available at www.pointwise.com.
Pointwise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Job candidates must have a current, legal right to work in the United States. Pointwise participates in E-Verify.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media