Technical Support Engineer
- - Engineering Services
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Health Insurance premium on high deductible plan is paid for 100%. Generous PTO. Wellness Plan, 401(k) Plan and more.
Technical Support Engineer
In this entry-level position, you will use your knowledge of grid generation and/or computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to provide technical support to customers by phone or email. You will learn to generate meshes and scripts for benchmarks and quality assurance testing as well as write documentation for the Pointwise software and assist with Pointwise training courses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Research and resolve customer issues including installation, configuration, and usage of Pointwise.
2. Communicate with customers through Salesforce, email, and phone.
3. Reproduce and report software bugs to the development team.
4. Generate meshes using Pointwise.
5. Develop scripts using the Tcl-based scripting language, Glyph, to optimize customer workflows.
6. Research customer needs and develop applications of Pointwise.
7. Write product documentation for software manuals and training.
8. Assist in delivering online and onsite training.
9. Participate in the planning of new features for the Pointwise software.
10. Plan and conduct quality assurance tests for new software releases.
11. Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all staff and customers.
12. Work 40 hours per week.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Math from an accredited university
2. Customer service oriented
3. Previous experience with grid generation and/or computational fluid dynamics (Experience with Pointwise software a plus)
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
5. Use of Windows, Linux, and Mac computers
6. Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, delivering clear and concise messaging
7. Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and prioritize
8. Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment
You must be a U.S. Person due to the requirement to work with ITAR-controlled articles.
Some travel may be required to conferences, customer sites, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
General office environment. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, lift, carry or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Involves communication skills and physical mobility to interact with various departments as required in a multi-floor office environment. Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to read fine print and look at computer monitor. Ability to communicate by phone. Noise level is moderate. Minimal risk of radiation from exposure to computers.
Pointwise, Inc. is solving the top problem facing computational fluid dynamics (CFD) today – reliably generating high-fidelity meshes. The company's Pointwise software generates structured, unstructured, overset and hybrid meshes; interfaces with CFD solvers such as ANSYS FLUENT®, STAR-CCM+®, OpenFOAM®, and SU2 as well as many neutral formats, such as CGNS; runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac, and has a scripting language, Glyph, that can automate CFD meshing. Manufacturing firms and research organizations worldwide have relied on Pointwise as their complete CFD preprocessing solution since 1994. More information about Pointwise is available at www.pointwise.com.
Pointwise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Job candidates must have a current, legal right to work in the United States. Pointwise participates in E-Verify.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media